We got a piano! Some people in the ward were moving and left their piano so we got it for free. The tuning was NOT free, but necessary. So was the cleaning. The previous owners had painted it a light tan color but we wanted something with a little more pizazz! And no, I probably wouldn't have painted it at all because I know it's not good for the sound, but heck it was already done so it wasn't going to hurt. I love the color. It adds such a fun pop to our house. We also go some cool glass knobs for it. They lasted about 2 days and the kids broke one off. Nice.
Anyway, I'm so glad to be playing again. I wish I could do it more than I can. The girls are banging on it but hopefully I can teach Tatum the basics.
One thing I love is that I can play a hymn in the morning and have it in my head all day. Also, we can sing Christmas songs to music now. And if you've heard my singing voice, you know it desperately needs to be drowned in the music
In other world news: Tatum lost her first tooth. This is one of about 20 pictures she wanted me to take. She just HAD to take her tooth to school- which is where she lost it. She shrugged off that loss though.
Here's Dan and Beckam
Tatum likes holding him too~
Not so happy anymore
So I saw some fun patch jobs on Pinterest and did some myself! Don't they look cute? Carly is actually too big for the heart pants now. Anyone want them? Gap Size 2T.
Here is my little farm boy. Just kidding- he's a train conductor! Isn't it obvious!? He has been waiting and waiting for these to come. He earned these sweet overalls by reading 56 books. Nolan has his heart set on being a train conductor. He also thinks they will let him in the engine at the train park in Scottsdale if he's wearing these. ha!
And finally, I see that Carly isn't in this post. She is doing well minus the bumps and bruises she's accumulated. Someone actually gasped at her the other day then realized she just had a bump, a slash and the rest was a birthmark. I'm glad she is such a good girl and a big helper. She still likes to snuggle and suck that darn thumb. She always sleeps in Tatum's bed and fights me to brush her hair. She is smiley and loving. Except when she and Tatum are fighting like crazy.
As for me and Danny....
We're pretty boring.
Wait!
We saw the movie Lincoln and really enjoyed it. That was exciting.
Also, Dan found my camera that was lost for 4 weeks! exciting!
Dan is working way better hours now that it gets dark before 5:00!!( yay ) He helps out a bunch at home too. He played golf this week. He's running a few tournaments still including the Toys for Tots tourney.
I am cooking 3 squares a day, {Danny told me what 3 squares were. I had no idea.} and cleaning and grocery shopping and doing laundry and breastfeeding and diaper changing and just walking around with a baby who likes to be up walking around. I'm doing all that mom stuff like answering questions, helping with homework, breaking up fights, driving to gymnastics or scouts, reading books..... you know I could go on right? {Too bad I don't get paid for all this work. One day I hope to earn money as a lunch lady. Since i'm a college drop-out and have no work experience that's all I can really aspire to be. Ya, it's a sore point for me.}
I'm excited for our trip to AZ for Christmas! Also, our 10 year anniversary is in February and we're going to go skiing! Ah it's been too long since I've hit the glistening slopes~ sigh.
Wow this is a long post for being just an update. I should rename my blog to The Seinfeld-Wendts: A blog about nothing. That would be funny.

I love the piano!! So cool! How brave! I have always wanted to do something like that, but my traditional eyes just can't see past boring wood stains. Also, I am in awe that you are surviving four kids!
ReplyDeleteRenae, you are hilarious and awesome. I love your blog posts. When will you be in AZ? I'd love to see you guys, if it is convenient at all. I'm glad you're doing good!
ReplyDeleteOMG!!! I nearly peed myself laughing at your update. "Yeah a point for me " Well I am a College Grad and I now stay home and do the same thing as you.....except I have thousands in student loans. Gee who is the smart one??? Oh and Tatum looks like you did back in the day :)
ReplyDeleteShannon