The Wendt Family

The Wendt Family
By small and simple things are great things brought to pass.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Welcome Beckam Daniel Wendt!


It's a BOY!    
We are absolutely thrilled to have another little guy in our house. That evens up the score for GIRLS vs BOYS in our house.  
WARNING: Birth Story:
So I went to my Dr.'s office on Tuesday and told her I am done being pregnant.  I wasn't horribly uncomfortable or anything, I just wanted to see my baby and not be waiting around anymore.  So she says, OK I will schedule an induction for you for Wednesday morning.  Well, I get a call Tuesday night from the hospital saying basically: Sorry! No room for you!
WHAT?! This is Oregon! Women here should be squatting in the woods to give birth, right?  I am the one who needs the hospital!
All this time I am trying to go into labor on my own so they CAN'T turn me away.  Walking the butte, seeing the chiropractor, eating spicy food, that,  pressure points, bouncing, swinging... etc.
Thursday afternoon at 2:00, they call me... There's an open room! I'm there in like 20 mins.
Mom and Rachelle watched the "big" kids while we  were at the hospital.  
I was already contracting 8 mins apart when I got there, so he probably would've been born the next day anyway. Oh well.   I got all hooked up and was in a lot of pain after the doctor broke my water.  I was 10 cm when I got my epidural.... about 7:00PM. (Ya they checked me after I got it and I was already 10) So I pushed for a couple hours. (Yes I push for several hours. Nolan was 5 hours.) 
 This guy has Bullen shoulders.  The nurse had to push down on my stomach to get his shoulder to go under my pelvis.  I could feel my bones coming apart. Apparently I am not built for birthin' them babies! ouch. After an episiotomy and me crying and Rachelle 's eyes burned for life, he was free!
8 lbs.  14 oz.
August 9, 2012 at 9:55PM


 Rachelle was at the hospital to "witness the carnage" as Danny put it...
Some of his first pictures :


 (below) Taken before we left the hospital. This is the same outfit Nolan wore home 9 years earlier. :)
 And look at his soft brown hair~  It's getting thinner by the day. just like Daddy. KIDDING!


 I LOVE  LOVE LOVE when he nestles into my neck all cozy.

 Ready for church!
 Ah... the never-ending drip. Don't worry Renae, it'll be gone in 12 short months.
" Ooooohh give me milk! " says Mr. B
 We got these super cute golf shoes from our neighbors. Haha! 
 BECKAM DANIEL WENDT  4 weeks old.
I love our sweet little family.  I'm so thankful I can be a mom to 4 awesome kids and a wife to an amazing, loving, helpful, cheerful, kind man.   I keep this in my home to remind me of how important the work of a mother is: http://www.lds.org/topics/family-proclamation?lang=eng

3 comments:

  1. Ouch ur birth story made me hurt. I know all about those Bullen shoulders Poor Rachelle will never have kids after watching that. I never saw one before my kids and I didn't look with my own. Ha ha. So glad little He came safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! How pefect and cute! Boys are so much fun! Also, that sounded like a rough delivery for him being number 4. I heard they are just supposed to walk out at that point, I guess someone lied to me. Either way, he is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! Sounds like a painful birth! I'm sorry! He is so stinkin cute! I am so happy for you guys. Your family is adorable Renae! Hope you guys are all well! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete