The Wendt Family

The Wendt Family
By small and simple things are great things brought to pass.

Monday, July 23, 2012

That's not a soccerball.

Nope- it's a baby. And yep, I'm like a torpedo.  AND, yes my stomach looks like a saggy, white raisin when the baby is out.  No, it doesn't look any better 2 years later.  But there are surgeries for that.
Yes that will be my 30th birthday present to myself thankyouverymuch!

 This this is heavy. 


 Ok, maybe it IS a soccerball. We are actually adopting. jk

 We will meet him/ her soon!  Due Aug 10th.


And here are my OTHER babies!  Carly is 3, Tatum is 6 and Nolan is 8.


   We went to the neighborhood BBQ for the 4th of July~  We were in charge of the root beer floats!  It was fun to see the neighbors and eat some delicious food. We ended up going back home about 9:00PM. We love our neighborhood!

 The picture below is of Tatum, Nolan and our neighbor Nate.  They had the greatest time with their sparklers and watching some fireworks up-close from the other neighbors.


Nolan the pirate- from Cub Scout Camp
Oh gees... The joys of boys!   At Cub Scout Day Camp (I think!) Nolan got into some poison oak or poison sumac.  This picture below is just the beginning of how horrible it looked. He got all swollen on his hands and face.  It looked like he had leprosy. No, it looked like a 3rd degree burn all over his wrist...  bleeding, cracked, swollen, red skin up and down his arm... Poor guy. Good thing he didn't go to the bathroom right after he touched the poison!  So after using some OTC creams and Benydryl with no luck, we took him to the doctor who prescribed steroids.  It got better SO much quicker. But it's still been over a MONTH and he is still itching and healing.    It was funny when we took him to the doctor I told him, "Nolan, the doctor is going to give you some medicine to make your poison oak go away,"  So the doctor says he'll phone in the prescription and we say our thankyous and goodbyes but before the doctor can leave Nolan says, " HEY! I thought you were gonna make this go away!"  He was ticked that we had to go all the way to a store to get some pills when there was a doctor right here.
 
Yes we are enjoying our summer here. We're doing lots of lunches at the park and bike riding. Nolan is also doing summer school which is such a blessing to have- he needs the extra help or he forgets everything over the summer.   The girls  are playing and fighting together all day long.  Ah sisters.

Speaking of sisters...
Rachelle came up for our Girls' Night at Brasada July 13.  I wish I had taken the camera! It was great to have her here. I love her. And I love Pam for letting us stay at her cabin!
My mom and Riley came for a visit in June and we absolutely loved that visit too! Again, I should have taken pictures! 
I'm  hoping the next blog post will be of our beautiful new baby!  

3 comments:

  1. I love your belly glad you've had a great summer can't wait to see the baby KeliBullen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling family. LOVE reading your blog. Can't wait to see the baby. Good luck...enjoy!
    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting to have a new baby so soon! (I'm still mustering up the courage to have #3, ha!) You look great Renae! Are you having a girl or a boy?

    ReplyDelete