The Wendt Family

The Wendt Family
By small and simple things are great things brought to pass.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday Nolan!

It's official: Nolan is seven years old. I wont bore you with the now 7-year-old birth story, still horrifyingly vivid in my mind. Suffice it to say: Only one of us came out of that un-scarred. And now he's seven. The American cheeseburger's #1 Fan is Nolan Michael Wendt. He only gets them when we go to a restaurant, so it's a special treat.

Here is Nolan with his cheeseburger shirt. He loves that thing.

So I thought: how cute would it be if I made a cheeseburger cake??! And here it is:

The "buns" are layered pound cake and chocolate cake. The "meat" is chocolate cake. The "cheese" and "tomatoes" are fondant. And, the "lettuce" is tinted coconut. I was going to make french fries with red frosting, but figured we had a lot of cake already!

Everybody wanted a bite!

We had the Dezembers and the Godells over.

Danny and Duffy

Mindy and Kelli *Hadley and Carly*
7 months difference, but about the same size! Haha! Carly is just a little peanut~ Two cute little friends

The aftermath!

Happy Birthday Nolan. You are great and we love you very much!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Nolan! Wow...7 years old! Renae...awesome cake job! I love it! I'm sure Nolan did as well:) Looks like he had a fun birthday, I'm sorry we weren't able to make it. Don't they grow up so fast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute!! still can't believe he is 7!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmmm! I can still taste the yummy pound cake. One day I will go through your cupboards when you are not looking and steal that recipe.

    ReplyDelete