Today, I'm thinking about how glad I am to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I believe that God loves all his children and that he spoke to his children on the American continent as well as in Jerusalem.
John 10:11,16 reads:
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
In the last verse, Jesus was talking about the people in the Americas.
The Book of Mormon is a record of these people and a testament of Jesus Christ.
Some might say, "We don't need any more scripture. The Bible is all we need."
But two is better than one. With the clarification of the Book of Mormon, many truths that are unclear in the Bible are explained more fully.
One truth that I love is that families are forever.
I had the opportunity to go to the temple in LA this past week. {Thanks for watching the kids Mom!}
{Sorry about the late assignments, teachers!}
God loves all his children. Even those who have never heard of him.
I'm so proud of Nolan! He went on his first temple trip since turning 12 to the Medford, Oregon temple. He was able to perform baptismal work for people that have died.
Here he is {below} before they left on the 3 hour drive.
Isn't that amazing? Heavenly Father gives everyone a chance, regardless of life circumstances.
I'm so grateful that families are forever. I want to be with my husband and children for all of eternity. In the temple, we are married for time and all eternity.
It's not "till death do us part".
Here is a picture of my brother Russell and his beautiful bride Carolyn at the Salt Lake Temple a few weeks ago. I'm so happy for them!
I believe that God spoke to ancient prophets and that he still speaks to them today. The heavens are not closed. I'm so thankful for the Book of Mormon and the Bible. They compliment each other. Having two records that independently testify of Christ is a powerful testimony.
Here is a short, {3 minutes} video of a current apostle speaking of the Book of Mormon.
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-05-010-book-of-mormon-introduction?lang=eng
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-05-010-book-of-mormon-introduction?lang=eng

No comments:
Post a Comment