The Wendt Family

The Wendt Family
By small and simple things are great things brought to pass.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring Break, Kids, and Projects

Easter 2012 Carly (3), Tatum (5), Nolan (8)
They found their baskets and had a mini egg hunt in the house. (Thanks for the eggs Mom!)
Carly enjoyed herself.
We went on our Spring Break trip to Palm Desert, CA. It was so great to have the new van!! Nolan had the whole back seat to himself. We watched a ton of movies too. It was a long drive, but the kids were great! We stayed at Nana's house. (Dan's gma) This is her winter home, I guess. It's in a nice golf community called The Reserve. We ate dinner almost every night at the clubhouse and went golfing during the day. Which by the way Nolan is doing great at! He out-drove me several times. We hung out by the pool quite a bit. How could we not?! It was over 80 degrees! Ahhh... so wonderful!
The girls had a blast with Addison- their cousin. She is exactly in the middle of them age-wise. One year and 3 months younger than Tatum. One year and 3 months older than Carly.
Nolan did his own thing in the pool. He practiced with his new snorkel. It was funny because he was breathing so loud out the top of it.
Even I got out the old maternity swimsuit:
Oh boy... Nana bought the girls some Rapunzel stuff which they LOVED. That hair doesn't look as nice today as it did then.
Played with the tea sets.
Nolan got a remote control boat and drove it in the pool and also the water feature behind him. Don't worry, right behind him is only 2 feet deep- but beyond that it's deeper.
I tried this new recipe from Pinterest of homemade donuts. They were super DELICIOUS!!!
To make them you buy the premade Pillsbury biscuts and stamp out a hole in the middle. Then you fry them in some oil, then swish them in sugar and cinnamon. So easy and so good!
I had my routine ultrasound in March. The baby looks very healthy and perfectly sized for being due Aug 10. We decided not to learn the gender. We found out with the other 3, but since this is the last baby I wanted to do something different.
It'll be a fun surprise!
Whenever I have dreams about the baby, it's usually a blue-eyed boy and I'm worried because I can't remember his name. Haha. But for some reason, my friend Mindy got it into my head that it's a girl for real. Only time will tell!
And here's Dan's lastest project before:And After:
Yep, that's Nolan's toy lawnmower right next to Dad's. So cute!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Renae. You have an outstanding family. Hope to see you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete