The Wendt Family

The Wendt Family
By small and simple things are great things brought to pass.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mermaid Meat

We eat mermaids at our house. Today after school Tatum said, "Mom, I am hungry for a sandwich. First, we get all the ingredients out!" So I said,"OK let's get the bread and meat and cheese out." Tatum: "No, I want mermaid meat!" Me: "What?" (I'm laughing because I know what she means) Tatum: " I want to make a sandwich with mermaid meat and mayonnaise" Me: "Oh ya, the mermaid meat is right here." Delicious mermaid meat
She likes helping herself in the kitchen. I try to let her help me whenever I can.
Mix it up
Eat some right out of the bowl... just like Mom.
Lovin it! Yummy Mermaid-meat sandwiches:
1 can mermaid meat, drained
small squirt of mayo
shake of salt and pepper
maybe some garlic salt
Mix
Put on favorite bread and eat--- knowing that no real mermaids where harmed in the making of that sandwich.

2 comments:

  1. Tatum is seriously hilarious!!!! And Miss. Carly is a trooper. your post brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! Kids are great! And we had mermaid meat for lunch today! :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete