I must look really
pathetic...
Every time I go to the store with all 3 of the kids i get some sort of comment that makes me laugh:
"You really have your hands full!"
(I hear that one the most.)
"Are they all yours?"
(I say yes with a laugh. One man then told me I looked like I couldn't be more than a day out of high school- HAHA!!)
"What a cute baby!"
(Carly is super smiley) :)
So when I went to Safeway the other day, I got more comments than ever. It was hilarious. I don't know what sparked this flood of comments--- Did I look especially tired and ragged? Did I look homeless? Were the kids running around like animals? Do I look like I am really struggling and pathetic? I think I looked fine enough for the grocery store and the kids were sitting in the cart. (amazingly!)
Then I got to the check-out.
A wonderfully nice woman came up to me and handed me a ROSE and said, " You're doing a great job, honey. This is for you! I already paid for it so don't let them charge you."
I laughed and totally thanked her. It was really sweet of her. She must have been a mom too and remembered how tough it is to go shopping with all the kids!! I tried to tell Danny about it later and he didn't appreciate how funny it was-- I guess it's a MOM thing! HA!

I get the same comments! It is so pathetic but I leave the grocery store in a full sweat, it is hard work! That is funny that you got a rose and sweet of that lady.
ReplyDeleteWow-I must look like the crazy Walmart Mom, people steer clear of me. :) No roses here.
ReplyDeleteI laughed out loud and almost shed a tear. I'm right there with you lady! by the way, come see my blog, www.smithscratch.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteHow sweet it that...I love your blog Renae! xoxo
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice, sweet lady! What a way to make your day! Cute blog too!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blogging world! I love to hear what is stewing around in that brain of yours!
ReplyDelete