The Wendt Family

The Wendt Family
By small and simple things are great things brought to pass.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Look Back 9 Years~

Yep, it's been 9 years. They say the 1st year is the hardest. I guess that's true because every year just gets better. We had a great first year (we did have some sad times) but 9 years later it's great multiplied by 9! To celebrate this year we tried a new restaurant called Kebaba. It serves middle eastern food like couscous, lamb, hummus... it was delicious! Since I brought my camera and didn't get one picture, I thought I could instead take a stroll down Memory Lane: OUR WEDDING Only our immediate families attended our wedding. My brother Ryan was on his mission in Brazil so obviously he couldn't go. A little background info: I was 18 years old. Danny was 19. We were engaged for about 6 days. I was sick those entire 6 days. Our parents decided we would have the ceremony in Dan's backyard officiated by our neighbor and friend Judge Bob Moon.
Renae and Dan with Renae's parents:
Renae and Dan with Dan's parents:
Dan and Riley. I'd love to see them redo this picture. Riley is now 16 yrs old!
So that was our wedding. (As a laughable side note, I spent that night on the bathroom floor throwing up!) It wasn't much, but it's the marriage that counts. A wedding is one day in your life, but a marriage is the rest of the days in a life. So it was small but meaningful.
And here are some pictures from "back in the day"
(above) Danny outside my parent's house in Kingman. 1999
(below) Us going to Homecoming 1999. Notice my modest dress.
(below) This is one of the earliest pictures I have of us. It's in 8th grade and I didn't like my picture taken. Notice my perm and Danny's sparse sideburns.
Ah how time flies. Isn't he cute?
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

4 comments:

  1. You guys are amazing, Renae. I love this post. I love the pictures! Congratulations on 9 years. Here's to the next 9!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! 9 years is awesome! I love the pics too! You guys have the cutest family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!!!!!! You are the best! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete